Zhazimin is a Kazakhstan 6 years old female patient suffering from cerebral palsy. She was admitted to our hospital for the chief complaint of motor and mental development retardation for 6 years. She was 28 weeks premature with normal delivery, her weight was 2000g. She underwent purple skin, no crying voice, apnea and other related symptoms after born, then her symptoms were relieved 15 minutes after she was given oxygen inhalation and other symptomatic treatment. When being 5 months, she was given physical examination in local hospital, the MRI of her head indicated: maldevelopment of white matter of brain and brain atrophy. She was offered nerve nutrition medication from then on without obvious improvements. She has been trained by physical rehabilitation therapy in Wulumuqi air force hospital since 2008, but no obvious improvements.
Before the stem cell treatment:
- The muscular tension of her 4 limbs was higher than normal;
- The muscle strength of her back, waist and limbs was weak, the motor ability of his limbs was poor, she could not sit or stand or walk independently, she suffered from dropping feet when standing, cross gait when walking, the fine movement ability of her hands was poor, she only could hold bigger objects.
- Her cognitive ability was not good;
- She could not speak a word.
After the stem cell treatment:
- The muscular tension of her limbs is normal, the stiffness of her limbs is relieved obviously;
- The muscle strength of her back, waist and limbs is improved obviously, the motor ability of his limbs is improved obviously, for example, she can sit or stand independently, she can walk by assistant, her dropping feet is relieved obviously, her cross gait when walking is disappeared, the fine movement ability of her hands is improved obviously, she can grasp smaller objects.
- Her weight and height are increased obviously;
- Her cognitive and understanding ability and communication ability are improved obviously;
- She can speak some simple words actively, the volume of her vocabulary is increased obviously, she can communicate with others by eye contact or simple words.