Age: 10 Years Old
Diagnosis: Cerebral Palsy
Xinyue is one of twin sisters who were born in August 2002.The twin sisters are called Xinwen and Xinyue, who were born prematurely by cesarean delivery after a pregnancy of 8 months. When they were born, they underwent hypoxia and they did not cry after born. At their age of eight months, Mrs. Wu Wei, their mother found that her twin daughters could not raise their necks and could not sit by themselves. The local doctor diagnosed the twin sisters as "Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy" which is due to they suffered from asphyxia for too long time during the perinatal period.
Xinyue sufferd from severer defect in her cognitive ability and the motor ability of her lower limbs than her sister-Xinwen's. After the two course of stem cell treatment, Xinyue could gradually stand by herself.
From 2005 to 2011, Xinyue has received five courses of stem cell treatment.
The Condition before Admission in First Course:
- She could not communicate with the family members due to low level ability of cognition and understanding;
- The muscle strength of her both lower limbs was weak;
- She could not stand by her own;
- She could not stand independently, only walk with the support of her family member;
- She could not squat up.
The Condition after Five Courses (In Feb. 2012):
- Her cognition and understanding ability is improved obviously;
- She can recognize more than 1000 Chinese characters;
- She can communicate with family members with simple words or sentences;
- She can stand by her own;
- She can walk with the support of the baby stroller.