Age: 10 Years Old
Diagnosis: Cerebral Palsy
Xinwen is one of twin sisters who were born in August 2002. Both Xinwen and Xinyue were born prematurely by cesarean delivery after a pregnancy of 8 months. They underwent hypoxia when they were born and they did not cry after they were born. They underwent asphyxia for too long time during the perinatal period, which is why they were diagnosed as "Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy" at the age of eight months. The mother of Xinwen and Xinyue, whose name is Mrs. Wu Wei has been taking cares of the twin since they were born, on the other hand, she never stopped seeking different ways of any hopeful treatment for her lovely twins.
In 2005, it surprised Mrs. Wu Wei that XinWen called her mother in a single Chinese sound "Ma" and gave the cookies to her mother, which showed her cognitive ability was not too bad.
2 hours after the first course of the stem cell treatment, it was found that the muscular tension of Xinwen was obviously decreased whilst her two little hands and legs became soft and more flexible. After the second course of stem cell treatment, Xinwen could gradually stand by herself.
From 2005 to 2011, Xinwen has received five courses of stem cell treatment.
The Condition before Admission in First Course:
- She could not communicate with the family members due to low level ability in cognition and understanding;
- The muscle strength of her both lower limbs was weak;
- She could not stand by her own;
- She could not walk independently;
- She could not squat down and up.
The Condition after Five Courses (In Feb. 2012):
-Her cognition and understanding ability is improved obviously;
- She can recognize more than 1,000 Chinese words;
- She can communicate better with family members;
- She can stand by her own;
- She can walk for over 20 steps by her own.