Mr. Zhao is a Chinese 24 years old male patient suffering from C3-C6 spinal cord injury with high paraplegia. He was admitted to our hospital for the chief complaint of 4 limbs movement disorder for over 1 month after cervical injury.
He received the stem cell treatment in our hospital in May, 2008.
Before 1st round stem cell treatment:
- The motor ability of his upper limbs was poor, his bilateral shoulder joints only could twitch slightly;
- He suffered from postural hypotension obviously with sweating disorder;
- He suffered from urination and bowl movement disorder, remained urinary tube for his urination, his bowl movement was difficult, which needing enema for excretion.
He received 2nd round stem cell treatment in December, 2008.
Before the 2nd round stem cell treatment:
- The motor ability of his upper limbs is improved obviously, he can lift up both upper limbs with certain obstruction, the muscle strength of his waist is improved obviously, he can sit more stably;
- His postural hypotension is improved obviously, his sweating ability is restored to normal basically;
- He can perceive urination and bowl movement, he can urinate by himself, his stool is easy to excreted out more easilier.