Xiaoxu is a Chinese 4 years old male patient suffering from cerebral palsy. He was one of the premature twin babis with hypoxia. He was admitted to our hospital for the chief complaint of the verbal and motor development retardation for over 4 years. He received 1st round of the stem cell treatment (including 1 stem cell implantation via stereotactic brain surgery and 2 stem cell injections via lumbar puncture) in June, 2010.
Before the treatment:
- He suffered from verbal disorder, he could only speak out double diphonia words;
- His understanding ability was poor;
- He couldn’t sit by himself stably;
- He could not walk or even stand by himself, he could step forward by his family member’s assistant but with tip feet and scissor gait.
The symptoms after the stem cell treatment:
- His understanding ability is improved than before;
- The muscle strength of his waist and lower limbs is improved obviously;
- He can walk for a few steps with holding the objects;
- The muscular tension of his lower limbs is reduced obviously, his tip feet and scissor gait are improved obviously.