Xiaowu is a Chinese 41 years old male patient suffering from spinal cord injury. He was admitted to our hospital for the chief complaint of movement and sensation disorder of his lower limbs for 16 years after the injury of his chest and back. He was diagnosed as T5-T6 spinal cord injury with complete paraplegia.
Before 1st round stem cell treatment in July, 2008:
- The muscle volume of his lower limbs was atrophy, especially obvious atrophy of his both calves, the skin was black brown with low temperature;
- The spasm of his lower limbs was existed obviously with fasciculation, he could not stand or walk by himself;
- The sensation beneath the navel level was lost completely, he could not sweat by his lower limbs;
- He suffered from urination and bowl movement disorder, the frequency of his urination was increased, the volume of his urination was about 100ml, his stool was too dry to excrete out, he had to use the medicine of relaxing the bowls to excrete out the stool.
He received 2nd round stem cell treatment in February, 2009.
He received 3rd round stem cell treatment in September, 2009.
After 2 rounds stem cell treatments, he recuperated very well. (The video was showed his medical condition after 2nd round stem cell treatment.)
- The muscle volume of his lower limbs is harvest, the skin of his calves is normal, the skin temperature is restored without cold feeling;
- The spasm of his lower limbs is improved obviously, he can stand for 5-6 hours by himself with brace, he can walk for 5-6 hours by himself with brace;
- The sensation level is lowered to hip joints level; he can feel numbness and inductance of his lower limbs when scratching his soles of feet; the sweating disorder of his lower limbs is relieved obviously;
- The functions of his urination and bowl movement are improved obviously, the frequency of his urination is less, the urination volume is increased obviously, about 200-300ml/time, the stool is soft to excrete out easily.