Xiaoliu is a Chinese 22 years old male patient suffering from spinal cord injury. He happened to be injured to her neck by high crashing object on April 4th, 2005, the CT showed that C7 and T1 vertebral bodies fracture with relevant spinal cord injury, then he received the operations of interspinal exploration and steel plate fixation.
He received stem cell treatment in September, 2005.
After the stem cell treatment:
- The sensation of touching, temperature and pain of his bilateral struck is existed, the sensitive pain feeling beneath T2 level is remained, the burning feeling of his left limbs is remained;
- The sensation of tuning fork shaking and joints location of his lower limbs is reduced slightly;
- The muscle volume of his lower limbs is atrophy slightly;
- The muscle strength of his proximal left lower limb is about 3 grades, the muscle strength of his proximal right lower limb is about 2 grades, the muscle strength of his distal limbs is 1 grade;
- The muscular tension of his lower limbs is higher, the ankle clonus can be elicited;
- He suffered from disorders of urination and bowl movement.
6 months after the stem cell treatment:
- The muscle strength of his waist and lower limbs is improved obviously;
- The sensation ability is restored obviously;
- He can perceive and control his urination and bowl movement partly.