Xiao Zhang is a Chinese 32 years old male patient suffering from spinal cord injury. He was admitted to our hospital for the chief complaint of movement dysfunction and sensation disorder of his lower limbs for half a year after the accident of his waist injury. He received 1st round stem cell treatment in our hospital in May, 2008. He was diagnosed as L1 spinal cord injury with paraplegia.
Before 1st round stem cell treatment:
- The muscle strength of his lower limbs was weak, he could stand for half an hour by brace, he could walk by walking assistant but the distance was short;
- The controlling ability of his urination was poor, he would urinate once drinking water, his stool was too dry to be excreted;
- He suffered from postural hypotension and sweating disorder obviously.
He received 2nd round stem cell treatment in December, 2008.
Before 2nd round stem cell treatment:
- The muscle strength of his waist and lower limbs is increased obviously, he can stand for 1 hour by brace, he can walk longer distance by assistant. He can sit more stably; the ability of his daily activity is enhanced; he can move from bed;
- The controlling ability of his urination is improved obviously, the frequency of his urination is less, the volume of his urination is increased;
- His postural hypotension and sweating disorder are improved obviously;
- His sensation level is lowered to groin level.