Xiao Yang, male, 18 years old, happened to injury of his neck 11 months ago. He received 1st course stem cell transplantation ( 2 transplantations via CT guidelines and 1 injection via lumbar puncture) during June 1st to 17th ,2013. During the around 10 days treatment period, the patient achieved obvious improvements.
Before the stem cell transplantation:
- The muscle strength of his neck and waist was weak, he could not lift up his head even via the assistant of his family member, he could not stand by himself;
- The muscle strength of his upper limbs was poor, he only could lift his right upper limb to chest when lying;
- The muscle strength of his fingers was poor, he could not grasp anything;
- When his family member helped him to sit by himself, he complained dizziness, which indicated the patient had postural hypotension;
- He could not feel urination, his stool was dry and could not excrete smoothly.
After the stem cell transplantations:
- The muscle strength of his neck and waist is improved obviously, he can lift up his head via his family member’s assistant and sit stably by himself;
- The muscle strength of his upper limbs is improved obviously, he can lift up his right upper limb to head when lying;
- The muscle strength of his fingers is improved obviously, he can grasp something by himself;
- When his family member assists him to sit by himself, his complaination of dizziness is relieved obviously, which indicates his postural hypotension is improved obviously;
- The sensation of his urination is improved obviously, his bowl movement is more smoothly than before.