Xiao Xuan is a Chinese 14 years old male patient suffering from cerebral palsy. Xiao Xuan was the 2nd of the twins as a 28 weeks premature baby. He was delivered by natural labored with breach position. He weighed 1.8kg only without apnea history. His face underwent yellow 10 days after born without any special treatment, which lasted continuously 20days, then disappeared naturally. Due to the motor and speech ability development retardation for over 13 years, he was diagnosed as cerebral palsy. He received the 1st round stem cell treatment in our hospital on 6th January 2011. The MRI Pre-operation showed alba mal-development.
Before the treatment:
- His right arm kept in stretching backward position, which caused him could not abduce his right arm, or touch his head, the flexibility of his fingers was poor;
- It was difficult for him to fetch objects by his left hand;
- The coordination ability of his whole body was poor when sitting on bedside or stool, he could not stretch or bend his lower limbs voluntarily;
- It was difficult for him to stand a while even with assistant;
- The muscular tension of his whole body was high, the coordination of his whole body was poor with nervous status.
Before his discharge of 1st round of stem cell therapy ( one stem cell implantation via stereotactic brain surgery and one stem cell injection via lumbar puncture):
- It is disappeared that his right arm keep in stretching backward position, so that he can place his right arm in front of his body, abduce his right arm, touch his head top by his right hand, the flexibility of his fingers is better than before;
- The flexibility of fetching items by his left hand is improved obviously;
- The coordination ability of his whole body is improved obviously when sitting on bedside or stool, he can stretch or bend his lower limbs voluntarily;
- He can stand for a while more relaxed with assist than before;
- The muscular tension of his whole body is improved obviously, the coordination of his whole body is improved obviously with relaxed status.