Xiao Wenwen is a Chinese 6 years old female patient suffering from cerebral palsy. She was premature baby born in 30 weeks. Due to the motor ability development retardation, she was diagnosed as cerebral palsy. She received the 1st round stem cell treatment in April, 2009 with great improvements. So she came back to our hospital for the 2nd round treatment in September 2010. Her brain MRI showed: alba maldevelopment.
Before the treatment:
- The flexibility of her fingers was poor, her fingers stretched clumsy, she could not perform the motor ability of finger to finger, especially the right side;
- The muscle strength of her waist was weak, she bent her waist like a bow obviously when sitting;
- She could cross her legs when sitting by herself;
- The muscular tension of her lower limbs was high, even when lying on back, it was difficult that for her to support one of her lower limbs was in bending up-right position on bed;
- She could stand by kneels slightly;
- She could not stand or walk by herself.
After the 1st round treatment:
- The flexibility of her upper limbs is improved obviously, the flexibility of her fingers is improved obviously, whilst she can perform the motor ability of finger to finger;
- The muscle strength of her waist is improved obviously, the bow shape waist bending is disappeared when sitting by herself;
- She can cross her legs more flexibly than before when sitting by herself;
- The muscular tension of her lower limbs is improved obviously, she can support one of her lower limbs was in bending up-right position on bed when lying on back;
- She can sit by herself, walk for a longer distance now.