Xiao Rui is a Chinese 3 years old male patient suffering from cerebral palsy. He was premature delivery baby within 32 weeks, and he underwent jaundice for 1 week after born.
Before the treatment:
- His speech ability was normal;
- The general motor ability of his hands motor ability was normal while the fine motor ability of his hands was poor;
- The muscle strength of his waist was weak;
- The muscular tension of his lower limbs was high;
- His heels could not land on the ground;
- He could not sit stably by himself, could not walk by himself; he could stand for about 2 minutes with holding the bed.
He received the stem cell treatment including 2 stem cell injections via lumbar puncture and 1 stem cell implantation via stereotactic brain surgery.
After the treatment:
- The motor ability of his whole body is improved obviously;
- He can walk by himself with holding bed;
- His heels can land on the ground relaxedly.