Xiao Juan, a young lady, 21 years old, she complained that she suffered from movement dysfunction with incontinence over 11 months after her neck was damaged.
MRI of her neck indicated that the vertebras of C4-C6 changed after the proper fixation surgery, there was relevant abnormal signals of the image. Her diagnose is spinal cord injury of cervical 5 and 6.
She received 1st course stem cell treatment in September, 2010.
She received 2nd course stem cell treatment in May, 2011.
Before the stem cell treatments:
- The muscle strength of her upper limbs was weak, it was difficult for the stretching or bending of her elbows and lifting up of her upper limbs, she could not touch her mouth or top of head by hands, the flexibility of her both hands and wrists is poor;
- She suffered from incontinence: the stool was dry, she needed her caregiver to take out the stool by hands during her bowl movement, whilst she always urinated on the bed without her own controlling;
- She suffered from sweating disorder: she could sweat slightly on her head and neck, which led many belbs on her face remained.
After the stem cell treatments:
- The muscle strength of her upper limbs is improved obviously, the stretching and bending of her elbows are more flexible, she can lift up her upper limbs higher, she can touch her mouth and top of head by hands more flexibly, the flexibility of her both hands and wrists is improved obviously.
- Before her urination and bowl movement, she can feel numbness of her face, the condition of her dry stool is changed obviously, she can do bowl movement without other’s help, she can not urinate on the bed and not stain the bed sheet any more.
- Her sweating is improved obviously, the sweating of her head and neck is normal, the belbs of her face are all disappeared, whilst the bottom of her feet can sweat when doing exercises.