Name: Xiao Bao
Age: 5 Years Old
Diagnosis: Cerebral Palsy
Xiao Bao was a 5 years old boy who was born prematurely at seven months. He underwent hypoxia when he was born and he did not cry after he was born. Besides, he had the history of jaundice and the related index was very high, so he received phototherapy at that time.
When he was 18 months old, his parents found out there was something different between their kid and other same age kids. Then the doctor in the local hospital diagnosed that he suffered from cerebral palsy. He was developing quite well from the disease because he received the professional occupational treatment since he was 2 years old to relieve the stiffness of his whole body.
He could hold a pen with his right hand. But he did not use his left hand much as the MRI of his brain showed there was damages in his left brain. He used his right hand whenever he wanted to grab anything whilst he always closed his left hand and keeps it a fist.
On July 9th 2013, Xiao Bao was admitted to our hospital to take the first course of stem cell transplantation and the postoperative responses are good.
The Condition before Admission in First Course:
- He could not sit by himself, he could only sit with support, due to the muscle strength of his waist is weak;
- He could not stand by himself;
- He could not stand on the ground with his heels;
- His lower limbs was crossing like scissors;
- The muscle tension of his limbs was highter than normal;
- He just could speak several words, for example, he could call his parents' names;
- He was very energetic, loved to playing whilst did not get tired very easily;
- He suffered from seizures sometimes.
The condition after the Second Course (One year after the surgery):
- He can sit by himself due to the muscle strength of his waist is improved obviously;
- He can stand for some time with his heels touching ground;
- The muscle tension of his limbs is decreased obviously;
- The flexibility of his lower limbs is improved obviously, the crossing of his lower limbs like scissors is disappeared;
- He can speak more words and clearlier;
- He can focus on doing certain things;
- The frequence of his seizures is reduced obviously or even disappeared.