Axiang is a Chinese 28 years old male patient suffering from stroke. He happened to undergo cerebral infarction on November 3rd, 2007, which led to hemiplegia of his left limbs.
He received a round stem cell treatment (including 1 stem cell implantation via stereotactic brain surgery, 2 stem cell injections via lumbar puncture) in our hospital in December, 2010 with obvious improvements on various aspects of his medical condition.
Before the stem cell treatment:
- The muscle strength of his left upper limb was weak, so that he could not lift up his left upper limb;
- He could not stretch or bend the fingers of his left hand;
- The muscle strength of his left lower limb was weak, he could not walk stably;
- The muscular tension of his left limbs was higher than normal.
After the stem cell treatment:
- The muscle strength of his left upper limb and lower limb is improved obviously, he can lift up his left upper limb over head, he can walk more flexibly and stably;
- The muscle strength of the fingers of his left hand is improved obviously, his fingers can stretch and bend slightly.
During the next 6 months after the treatment period, we are following up Axiang’s medical condition by phone call periodically, all of the neural function mentioned above are all improved obviously.