Name: Wu Yanyi
Age: 6 years old
Diagnosis: Cerebral Palsy
Wu Yanyi, Male, 6 years old, comes from Yingshan city in Hubei province. He was preterm birth and was diagnosed as cerebral palsy. He received first course of stem cell transplantation in our hospital in August of 2008. At that time we proposed two stem cell injections via lumbar puncture and one stem cell transplantation via stereotactic brain surgery for his treatment. In June of 2012 he received the fourth course of stem cells transplantation in our hospital.
Before the first course of transplantation:
1. The muscle strength of his back, wasit and lower limbs was weak, so that he could not sit or stand alone, could not turn over on bed.
2. The muscle strength of his neck is weak, so that he could not lift up his neck. Because of his high muscle tension, he could not grab anything actively by both hands.
3. His heels could not touch ground during his walking. He could not walk alone.
Before the fourth course of transplantation:
1. His high muscle tension is relieved obviously.
2. The Muscle strength of his back, waist and limbs is increased obviously, he can sit and stand alone, can turn over on bed.
3. He can lift up his neck, can grab things and hold for a while.
4. His heels can touch ground when standing or walking.