Wedali is a Ukraine 36 years old male patient suffering from spinal cord injury. He was admitted to our hospital for the chief complaint of movement dysfunction of 4 limbs and sensation disorder for over 3 years after the injury of his neck. He happened to undergo a car crash, he suddenly underwent no sensation below his chest level, movement dysfunction of 4 limbs and incontinence of urination and bowl movement with consciousness. He was sent urgently to local hospital, the MRI of his neck indicated: C3-C7 vertebral bodies fracture and relevant spinal cord injury. He was given the combined operations of open reduction and Titanium plate fixation via cervical back approach, the operations were successful, no blood infusion during the operation period, then was offered anti-inflammation, dehydration and nerve nutrition treatments post-operation. He received occupational rehabilitation exercises from then on, the muscle strength of his upper limbs was increased obviously. He received interruptedly 4 operations of Titanium plate reduction and fixation in his cervical bodies. He continued to perform rehabilitation training before his admission in our hospital.
Before the stem cell treatment:
- The sensation below his nipple level was lost;
- The muscle strength of his upper limbs was poor, his both hands could not move, the sensation of his lower limbs was lost, he could not move voluntarily, he could sit by himself, but could not stand or walk independently;
- He suffered from incontinence of his urination and bowl movement.
After the stem cell treatment:
- The sensation level is lowered over 15cm;
- The muscle strength of his waist, limbs is improved obviously, he can sit by himself for longer period, he can stand by assistant, he can move his upper limbs obviously, the flexibility of his both hands is improved obviously;
- He can perceive and control his urination and bowl movement much better.