Diagnosis: Spastic & Athetoid Cerebral Palsy (mixed type)
Xiaoyu is a 4-year-old female patient. She was prematurely delivered in 32 weeks of gestation with natural delivery. Her crying voice was weak after birth. (Her mother gave birth Xiaoyu when she is 40 years old as an elderly parturient.) She was hospitalized for "motor function development retardation for 3 years", diagnosed to cerebral palsy (mixed type) as a result. She received her first round of stem cell transplantation in our hospital on September 7th, 2011, her responses to the stem cells turned out well. She received another course of stem cell transplantation here on May 9th, 2012.
In the forth People's Hospital of Linfen, Shanxi, she had a MRI scan of her head on February 14th, 2011, which showed that there were malacia focus in both lateral ventricles.
Before the 1st round stem cell treatment:
- She could not stand up by herself since the muscle strength of her waist was weak, which could not support her to stand up;
-She could only walk 1 to 2 steps by herself;
- She could not keep in squatting position or stand up from sitting position by herself;
- When sitting on a stool, she could not stand up by herself.
Before the 2nd round stem cell treatment (7 months after the 1st round):
- She can stand up by herself since the muscle strength of her waist is improved obviously;
- She can walk for a pretty long distance by herself;
- She can keep in squatting position and stand up from sitting position by herself easily.