Name: Xiao Xin
Age: 10 years old
Diagnosis: Cerebral Palsy
Xiao Xin, Female, 10 years old, was full-term pregnancy, umbilical cord circles the neck, premature rupture of membranes, the second stage of labor lasting is about 12 hours, caesarean section when she was born. She was diagnosed as cerebral palsy (ataxia type) as a result. She entered into our hospital and received the first course stem cell transplantation which included 4 stem cell injections via lumbar puncture in June of 2011, her responses to the stem cells are good after evluation, so she received the second course of stem cell treatment in February of 2012.
Before the first course of transplantation:
1. Since her balance ability was poor, she couldn’t walk with balance, she couldn’t walk in a line whilst she was easy to fall down;
2. She couldn’t walk backward;
3. She couldn’t stand with one foot;
4. Her knees couldn’t move forward;
5. The fine motor function of her fingers were poor, she couldn’t thread a needle, her handwriting was ugly.
Before the second course of transplantation (about 8 month’s time from the first course of treatment):
1. Her balance ability is improved obviously, she can walk more steadily, she can walk in a line whilst she can walk for longer distance without falling down;
2. She can walk backward steadily;
3. She can keep standing for dozens of seconds with one foot;
4. Her knees can move forward;
5. The fine motor function of her fingers is improved much better than before, she can thread a needle, her handwriting is much better.