Xiao Bo, male, 3 years old. The chief complaint for admission was speech disorder accompany with motor function development retardation for over 2 years. He was born prematurely after a pregnancy for 29 + 3 weeks. He was the first child of the twins with normal delivery. The weight was 1.3kg when born and had the history of hypoxia after birth. He was diagnosed as "cerebral palsy (spastic)". The head MRI made in Heping Hospital Affiliated to Changzhi Medical College showed: normal. He received the first course of stem cell therapy in our hospital on April 18th, 2011 whilst his responses to the stem cells were good post-operation. The second course was taken on February 15, 2012.
Before the 1st course stem cell treatment:
- He could not stay in the position of both hands and knees on bed level and could not crawl in the same position;
- Since the muscle strength of his waist was weak, his back is arched when sitting;
- He could not sit stably by himself whilst he needed the support of one side of the body when sitting; his upper limbs couldn’t be lifted at the same time;
- He could not stand even against the wall.
Before the 2nd course stem cell treatment (10 months after the first course):
- He can stay stably in the position of both hands and knees on bed level and can crawl in the same position;
- Since the muscle strength of his waist is improved obviously, he can sit stably with straight back;
- He does not need the support of one side of the body when sitting; his upper limbs are able to move voluntarily;
- He can stand against the wall.