Type 1 Diabetes and Type 2 Diabetes

Type 1 Diabetes

Type 1 Diabetes results from autoimmune destruction of insulin-producing beta cells of the pancreas. The succeeding lack of insulin leads to increased blood and urine glucose. Most of type 1 diabetes is of the immune-mediated nature, in which beta cell loss is a T-cell-mediated autoimmune attack. Both children and adults can be affected by type 1 diabetes, but a majority of these diabetes cases were in children. No known preventive measure against type 1 diabetes has been found yet. Sensitivity and responsiveness to insulin are quite normal in the early phrases. The classical symptoms are polyuria, polydipsia, polyphagia, and weight loss.

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 diabetes is a metabolic disorder that is characterized by high blood glucose in the context of insulin resistance and relative insulin deficiency. Obesity is treated as the main cause of type 2 diabetes among people who are genetically predisposed to diabetes. Approximately 90% of cases of diabetes are type 2 diabetes and the other 10% due to diabetes type 1 and gestational diabetes. The typical symptoms are polyuria, excess thirst, and constant hunger.