Trotsenko, a 5 years old Russian girl, suffered from cerebral palsy. She was admitted to our hospital for speech, cognitive and motor development retardation for over 4 years. She was born as premature with 26 weeks. Her weight was 2100g and underwent hypoxia after born. The CT of her head indicated: brain hypoplasia. She used to receive the physical rehabilitation therapy and the medication of nerve nutrition, but no obvious improvement as a result.
She received a course stem cell treatment including 1 stem cell transplantation via stereotactic brain surgery and stem cell injections via lumbar puncture in our hospital on March 19th, 2013 with satisfied efficacy.
Before stem cell treatment:
- The muscular tension of her limbs was higher than normal;
- The muscle strength of her back, waist and limbs was weak, the motor ability of her whole body was poor;
- Her weight and height were less than those of same age children;
- Her cognitive ability was not good as normal same children’s;
- Her speech ability was poor.
After stem cell treatment:
- The muscular tension of her limbs is normal;
- The muscle strength of her back, waist and limbs is improved obviously, she can sit and stand by herself, she can walk with her family member’s assistant;
- Her weight and height are improved obviously;
- Her cognitive ability is improved, her eyes can follow the moving objects;
- She can speak some simple words, she can communicate with others by eye contact and simple language.