Taiago, a 6 years old Brasil boy suffered from cerebral palsy. He was admitted to our hospital for the chief complaint of motor development retardation for over 5 years. When Taiago was 5 months, he was taken to see the local doctors because his both eyes could not follow the moving objects, he could not lift up his head, he could not grasp anything actively. The CT of his head indicated that hypoplasia of his brain. He received physical rehabilitation therapy from then on.
He received a course stem cell treatment including 4 stem cell injections via lumbar puncture in our hospital on January 17th, 2013 without any post-operation side effects.
Before the stem cell treatment:
- The muscular tension of his limbs was higher than normal;
- The muscle strength of his neck, back, waist and limbs was weak; the motor ability of his whole body was poor; the fine movement ability of his both hands was poor;
- His height and weight were less than those of same age children;
- His speech ability was poor;
- His visions were poor;
- He could not communicate with others by eye contact or speech.
After the stem cell treatment:
- The muscular tension of his limbs is improved obviously;
- The muscle strength of his neck, back, waist and limbs is improved obviously, he can lift up his head, sit and stand by himself, he can grasp things by his both hands;
- His height and weight are improved obviously;
- His visions are improved obviously;
- He can speak more words actively, the volume of his vocabulary is increased obviously;
- His cognitive ability is improved obviously, he can communicate with others by eyes contact or simple language.