Sapheria is a Kazakhstan 4 years old female patient suffering from cerebral palsy. She was admitted to our hospital for the chief complaint of cognitive and speech and vision disorder with movement development retardation for over 4 years. She was born normal delivery 1 week after full-term gestation but apnea after born, which was not evaluated by Apgar scoring. No jaundice symptom was occurred after born. She received newborn vaccine injection 2 months after born. Her face suddenly turned to purple, 2 eyes staring, mouth tightly closing, convulsion of the corner of her mouth and 4 limbs and other symptoms were occurred. She was treated in local hospital, her symptoms were relieved 1 hour after offering oxygen inhalation, anti-epilepsy and other symptomatic treatment. The CT of her head indicated: hypoxia-ischemic encephalopathy and epilepsy. She was given nerve nutrition and anti-epilepsy treatments for 1 month. She was treated in Wulumuqi local hospital for nerve nutrition and physical rehabilitation therapy half a month without any obvious improvements when she was 2 years old. During her disease period, she interruptedly underwent 1-2 times seizures of mouth tightly closing, unconsciousness and convulsion of 4 limbs and other symptoms each year. She was given anti-epilepsy medicines at home with better efficacy. She has not undergone those symptoms within recent half a year. She was offered physical rehabilitation therapy at home until now.
Before the stem cell treatment:
- She was alert, good spirit, but her cognitive ability was poor;
- She could not speak, could not communicate with her family members;
- Her movement function development is retarded, she could not sit or stand or walk by herself;
- The controlling ability of taking anti-epilepsy medication was not satisfied.
After the stem cell treatment:
- The muscular tension of her limbs is normal;
- The muscle strength of her neck, back, waist and limbs is improved obviously, she can sit and stand independently, she can walk by assistant, her movement ability is more actively;
- Her seizure is controlled well or even disappeared;
- Her cognitive ability is improved slightly.