Novi, an Indonesia 39 years old male patient, suffered from spinal cord injury with paraplegia. He was admitted to our hospital for the chief complaint of movement dysfunction of lower limbs and incontinence of urination and bowl movement for 2 years after the accident. He suffered from spinal cord injury of T7-T8 after a car crash in January, 2011, which was diagnosed as spinal cord injury with paraplegia.
He received 1st round stem cell treatment including 4 stem cell injections via lumbar puncture with satisfied recuperation.
He received 2nd round stem cell treatment including 2 stem cell injection via lumbar puncture and 1 stem cell transplantation via CT guideline intraspinal injection. His responses to the stem cells and recuperation of post-operation are all satisfied.
Before the 1st stem cell treatment:
- The sensation of pain and temperature and touching was lost below his chest;
- His lower limbs could not move voluntarily and was stiffness;
- The muscle strength of his waist was weak, so that he could not sit stably by himself, could not stand or walk independently;
- He suffered from incontinence of urination and bowl movement.
Before the 2nd stem cell treatment:
- The sensation level is lowered obviously below his chest;
- The muscle strength of his waist is improved obviously, he can sit by himself more stably than before;
- The stiffness of his limbs is relieved obviously;
- He can perceive and control his urination and bowl movement much better.