Nathan James is an Australian 26 years old male patient suffering from spinal cord injury of C4-C6 with paraplegia. He was admitted to our hospital on February 3rd, 2012 for the chief complaint of movement and sensation disorder of 4 limbs with incontinence of urination and bowl movement for over 6 years. His neck was injury when driving motor bike in April, 2006. At the same time, he suddenly felt movement and sensation disorder of his 4 limbs with incontinence of urination and bowl movement. The MRI of his neck indicated: C5 vertebral body fracture with relevant spinal cord injury. From then on, he was given nerve nutrition medication and physical rehabilitation therapy without obvious improvements.
He received a round stem cell treatment in our hospital on February 3rd, 2012.
Before the stem cell treatment:
- The muscular tension of his limbs was higher than normal;
- The muscle strength of his limbs was weak, the motor ability of his limbs was poor;
- The sensation beneath the injured segment was lost;
- His body temperature was often abnormal, he was vulnerable to catch fever, he could not sweat beneath the injured segment;
- He suffered from incontinence of urination and bowl movement.
After the stem cell treatment:
- The muscular tension of his limbs is normal;
- The muscle strength of his limbs is improved obviously, the motor ability of his limbs is improved obviously;
- The sensation level is lowered obviously;
- His body temperature is normal, he can sweat by his whole body;
- He can perceive and control his urination and bowl movement much better.