Name: Ms. Yu
Age: 44 years old
Diagnosis: Ulcerative Colitis
Ms Yu, female, 44 years old, comes from Nang Chang city in Jiang Xi province, entered into our hospital for treatment due to recurrent abdominal pain and diarrhea more than 6 years. In October of 2006, she catched cold in abdomen and ate food which is cold and not easy to be digested, and then wandering abdominal pain appeared, it was persistent dull painful, non-progressive pain, abdominal distention, belching, no nausea and vomiting, no acid regurgitation, exhaust and defecate number increased, defecation 4 times a day or so, soft and yellow. No fever chills. Abdominal pain, abdominal distension symptoms disappear after defecation. She went to see local traditional Chinese doctor and was diagnosed as spleen deficient, and adopted traditional medicine over two years, there was no obvious improvement. After 2010, she entered into The Second Affiliated Hospital of Nanchang University, she got gastroscopy, and was diagnosed as "superficial gastritis," but didn’t get treatment there. After that recurrent abdominal pain, diarrhea, abdominal pain symptoms disappear after bowel movements continued. Untill December of 2011 she entered into our hospital, there’s no unusual appear in colonoscopy and was diagnosed as irritable bowel syndrome. She got the first first course treatment via stem cells transplantation in May of 2012.
Patient’s condition before the first course treatment:
1. Sleep less in night, worry too much, distal limbs feel cold
2. Not easy to digest after eating, less food-intake
3. Abdominal distension often appear, feel gas run helter-skelter in abdomen, exhaust increased.
4. Abdominal pain was the wandering, swelling pain; always feel nausea, sour regurgitation, and belching.
5. Diarrhea, yellow and loose stools, about four times a day.
In January of 2013, she came to get the second course of treatment via stem cells transplantation. Patient’s condition before the first course treatment:
1. Much more sleep at night, worry too much and cold distal limbs had been eased
2. Digestion ability is better, she could eat more
3. Abdominal distension had been eased, could feel warm in abdomen
4. Abdominal pain much eased, sour regurgitation disappeared.
5. Bowel movements every two days, formed soft stools.