Mrs.Zhang, 45 years old, underwent a car crash in Feb. 2008. She was diagnosed that: 1. Severe cranocerebral injury; 2. brain stem injury; 3. Traumatic subarachnoid hemorrhage; 4. Scaple hemotoma; 5. Hemorrhagic shock; 6. Right ocular blunt trauma; 7. Biliteral thigh bones infracture; 8. Left ulnar and radius infracture. She received 1st round stem cell treatment 4 months after the accident.
Before 1st round stem cell treatment (2008-7):
- The movement ability of her limbs was poor, she needed 4 others to help when she moved, her left foot was inversion obviously, could not stand or walk by herself;
- She could not communicate with others normally, irrelevant speech, talk to herself always, irritability, dysphoria;
- The fine movement ability of her both hands was poor, especially her right hand was worse, the muscle tension of her right arm was high, so that she could not move her right arm voluntarily;
- The ability of her daily activities was poor, she could not control the urination and bowl movement, her memory ability and cognitive ability were reduced;
- The vision of her right eye was decreased, she could see nothing with her right eye.
After 1st round stem cell treatment whilst before 2nd round stem cell treatment (2008-10):
- The movement ability of her limbs is improved obviously, her left inversion is disappeared;
- She can communicate with others normally, her speech is fluent and quiet;
- The muscle tension of her right arm is reduced obviously, the movement of her right hand and arm is voluntary;
- The ability of her daily activities is enhanced obviously, her urination and bowl movement are controlled well, her memory and cognitive ability are restored obviously;
- The vision of her right eye is restored to normal basically.
After 2nd round stem cell treatment whilst before 3rd stem cell treatment:
- Her memory ability is improved further, her communication ability is enhanced obviously;
- The flexibility of her right hand is enhanced obviously, she can use chop tickers and knit a sweater by herself;
- She can walk for a longer distance with 1 person assisted.