Mrs. Wang is a Chinese 40 years old female patient suffering from stroke. She was admitted to our hospital for the chief complaint of movement dysfunction of her right limbs with speech disorder for over 2 years. She was diagnosed as sequela of cerebral infraction in our hospital on October 17th, 2011.
She received 4 stem cell injections via lumbar puncture with successful outcome and no uncomfortable complaint.
Before the stem cell treatment:
- The muscle strength of her right limbs was weak, she could lift up her right upper limb over her nose, she could lift up her right lower limb around 20cm high;
- The muscular tension of her right limbs was higher than normal, she could not squat down;
- She could walk slowly.
During the treatment period, after 2 stem cell injections via lumbar puncture:
- The muscular tension of her right limbs is reduced obviously;
- She can walk faster;
- She can lift up her right upper limb over her head, she can lift up her right lower limb about 40cm high;
- She can squat down and up by herself.