Mrs. Han, 39 years old, suffered from movement dysfunction, sensation disorder over 1 year after C4-C6 spinal cord injury. She received 1st round stem cell treatment in our hospital in November, 2009 with good efficacy. She received 2nd round stem cell treatment in our hospital on 17th, June, 2010.
MRI of her neck indicated: C5 vertebra fracture, C4-C6 spinal cord injury.
Her diagnose was spinal cord injury (C4-C6) with high paraplegia.
Before 1st round stem cell treatment:
- The muscle strength of her upper limbs was poor, especially when stretching or bending her upper limbs, she could not lift up her upper limbs highly, she could feel pain of her shoulders during the movement period;
- She could not sit by herself;
- She could not stand by herself;
- She suffered from incontinence of urination and bowl movement, she only could sweat from her head and neck whilst the volume of sweating is fewer.
After 1st round stem cell treatment:
- The muscle strength of her upper limbs is improved obviously, she can lift up her upper limbs, the pain of her shoulders is disappeared during her movement period;
- She can sit by herself for about half an hour;
- She can stand by leaning the wall with assistant for about 1 hour;
- She can feel headache before her urination or bowl movement, the sweating area of her whole body is enlarged obviously, her shoulders and back area all can sweat, whilst the volume of her sweating is increased obviously.