Mr. Zuo is a Chinese 59 years old male patient suffering from the sequela of stroke. He suffered from brain hemorrhage of right basal ganglia in August, 2000, remained left side dysfunction. Then he was given 2 years formal physical therapy without good efficacy. He suffered from hypertension for over 11 years, his blood pressure was at most 180/120mmHg.
He received stem cell treatment in our hospital in November, 2006.
Before the stem cell treatment:
- The motor ability of his left upper limb was poor, the muscular tension of his left upper limb was high, it was hard for him to lift up, he could not bend his elbow joint, his fingers could not bend or stretch;
- The motor ability of his left lower limb was poor, the muscular tension of his left lower limb was high, it was hard for him to bend his knee joint. The strephenopodia is apparent during his walking, it was hard for him to squat down with falling down easily;
- He felt the heaviness of his left side body, the sensation of the pain, temperature was poor, the skin temperature of his hands and feet was low.
Before the 2nd round stem cell treatment:
- The muscular tension of his left upper limb is relieved obviously, he can lift up powerfully, he can bend and stretch his elbow joint voluntarily, he can bend and stretch his fingers voluntarily;
- The muscular tension of his lower limb is relieved obviously, he can bend his knee joint powerfully. The strephenopodia is relieved during his walking, he can squat down easily without falling down easily, he can stand by his left feet independently;
- The heaviness sensation of his left side body is relieved obviously , the sensation of the pain, temperature is improved obviously, the skin temperature of his hands and feet is improved obviously.