Mr. Zheng is a Chinese male patient suffering from spinal cord injury. He was admitted to our hospital for the chief complaint of movement disorder of 4 limbs for 4 years after the accident. The MRI of his neck showed: there was soft focus developed on C5-C6 spinal cord.
Before the stem cell treatment:
- He could lift up his lower limbs from the bed level with weakness;
- He could not move his lower limbs;
- The muscular tension of his lower limbs was higher than normal with involuntary tremor;
- The toes of his both feet could not move.
After the stem cell treatment:
- He can lift up his upper limbs from the bed level, the muscle strength of his upper limbs is improved obviously, he can stretch and bend his elbows better than before;
- The muscle strength of his lower limbs is improved obviously, he can move his lower limbs on the bed level, the right side is better than the left one;
- The muscular tension of his lower limbs is reduced obviously, the involuntary tremor is improved obviously;
- The big toe of his left feet can move slightly.