Mr. Yan is a Sichuan province, Chinese 32 years old male patient suffering from spinal cord injury. His job is a teacher. He suffered from myelitis in June, 2006, then he was given regular treatment without good efficacy. He received 1st round stem cell treatment in our hospital in March, 2007. The MRI of his chest showed: thoracic cord is thinner apparently.
Before the stem cell treatment:
- The muscular tension of his lower limbs was high, which caused that he could not stand, walk, he needed 2 caregivers’ assistant when standing;
- It was hard for him to excrete his urination and bowl movement, his stool was too dry to excrete out, the controlling ability of his urination was poor;
- The sensation of his lower limbs was reduced with obvious numbness.
He received 2nd round stem cell treatment in our hospital in October, 2010.
After the stem cell treatment:
- The muscular tension of his lower limbs is improved obviously, he can stand and walk by walking assistant;
- The dysfunction of his urination and bowl movement is improved obviously, his stool is soft to excrete easily, he can control his urination better;
- The sensation of cold and hot of his lower limbs is enhanced obviously, the numbness of his lower limbs is relieved obviously.