Name: Mr. Xiaogang
Diagnosis: spinal cord injury
Xiaogang is a 21-year-old male patient. He fell accidentally from high place in October, 2009, which led to thoracic vertebral fracture (T5- T6) and spinal cord injury.
Xiaogang received a course of stem cell transplantation in our hospital in November, 2009. He stayed in the hospital for 18 days, and after that his condition is obviously better than before.
Before the stem cell transplantation:
- He could not feel his body below the xiphoid process;
- He could not stand up or even move his lower limbs;
- He could not sit straight by himself since the muscle strength of his waist is weak;
- He suffered from incontinence of feces and urine.
After the stem cell transplantation:
- He can sit up by himself since the muscle strength of his waist is improved obviously;
- He can stand with the assistance of walking aid;
- He can move forward by using the muscle strength of waist and hip when standing.