Mr. Wu, 22 years old, happened to fall down on June 9th, 2011, which led to the 1st Lumbar vertebra injury. He received physical rehabilitation therapy after the injury, but the achieved improvements are not obvious. He received 1st course stem cell implantation in our hospital in September, 2011 (3 months after the injury), including 2 stem cell implantations guided by CT, 1 stem cell injection via lumbar puncture. He would like to receive 2nd round stem cell treatment in our hospital in May, 2012.
Before 1st course stem cell treatment:
- He could not control the urination, the volume of urination/time is less, about 100ml;
- The muscle strength of his waist is weak, he could not sit by himself;
- The muscle strength of his lower limbs is weak, he only could lift up the right leg a little bit high from the bed level.
After 1st course stem cell treatment and before 2nd stem cell treatment:
- He can control the urination by himself, the volume of his urination/time is increased to about 400ml;
- The muscle strength of his waist is increased obviously, he can sit stably on the bed by himself;
- The muscle strength of his lower limbs is increased obviously, he can lift up his lower limbs from the bed level and swag both lower limbs, the movement function restored of his right one is more obviously than the left one;
- He can stand himself by brace, walk slowly by assistant.