Mr. Shi is a Chinese 34 years old male patient suffering from spinal cord injury. He happened to undergo a car crash on April 5th, 2009, which led to the injury of his chest and back, he was diagnosed as spinal cord injury with complete paraplegia, left ribs fracture with pneumothrorax, then he was given the necessary surgery. After the operations, he received physical rehabilitation therapy.
He received 1st round stem cell treatment in our hospital in November, 2009.
Before 1st round stem cell treatment:
- The muscle strength of his waist was weak, he could not sit by himself, it was hard for him to move by himself on the bed;
- He suffered from the disorder of urination and bowl movement, it was hard for him to excrete the stool, the frequency of his urination was too much, the volume of the urination/time was less whilst he could not excrete completely.
He received 1st round stem cell treatment including 2 stem cell transplantations via CT guided intraspinal cord injection and 1 stem cell injection via lumbar puncture in our hospital with obvious efficacy.
He received 2nd round stem cell treatment in April, 2010.
Before 2nd round stem cell treatment: (The video showed the patient’s current medical condition.)
- The muscle strength of his waist is improved obviously, he can sit by himself stably, he can move by himself on the bed;
- The function of his urination and bowl movement is improved obviously, he can have bowl movement powerfully, the frequency of his urination is less, the urination volume/time is increased obviously’
- The muscle atrophy of his lower limbs is improved obviously, the muscle of his abdomen can contract voluntarily;
- The sensation beneath his costal arch is restored partly;
- He has no bedsore, his body quality is enhanced obviously.
After 2 rounds stem cell treatments, he was recuperated well.
He received 3rd round stem cell treatment in our hospital in November, 2010.
Before the 3rd round stem cell treatment:
- The muscle strength of his waist is improved further, he can sit up when bending his body;
- The ability of his urination and bowl movement is improved further, his bowl movement is powerful, the period of his bowl movement is shorter from 30 minutes to 10 minutes, he can urinate by himself powerfully;
- He can lift up his hip for walking over 100 meters with brace assistant, he can stand by leaning on the wall;
- He can perceive the pain on his abdomen.