Mr. Liu, 45 years old, he happened to injury his neck with an occasional accident, which caused him spinal cord injury (C3). The accident left him the movement dysfunction of limbs and sensation disorder, urination and bowl movement disorder.
He received 1st course stem cell transplantation ( 4 stem cell injections via lumbar puncture) in June, 2013.
Before the stem cell transplantations:
- The muscle strength of his limbs was weak, especially worse on his right side;
- His upper limbs were stiff and difficult to lift up;
- The flexibility of his hands was poor, he could not stretch, grasp his hands;
- He was writing difficultly by right hand, the words he wrote were difficult to be recognized.
16 days after stem cell transplantations:
- The muscle strength of his right body side is increased obviously;
- The stiffness of his right upper limb is improved obviously, he can lift up his right limb higher than before;
- The flexibility of stretching and grasping of his hands is improved obviously;
- He can write more coordinately by his right hand, the words he wrote are easy to be recognized.