Mr. Liu is a Chinese male patient suffering from spinal cord injury. He happened to fall down to hurt his neck, which led to C4-C5 vertebral bodies fracture with relevant spinal cord injury.
After the accident:
- The muscle strength of his upper limbs was weak (2 grades), he could not lift up his upper limbs, his fingers could not move, he could not drive his wheelchair by himself;
- The muscle strength of his lower limbs was weak (2 grades), he could not stand up or walk;
- He could not perform his daily activity.
He received 1st round stem cell treatment in our hospital in December, 2010.
Before his discharges:
- The muscle strength of his upper limbs is increased to 3 grades, he can lift up his upper limbs obviously, his fingers can stretch, he can hold and drive his wheelchair by himself;
- The muscle strength of his lower limbs is increased to 4 grades, he can stand up from his seat and walk;
- The ability of his daily activity is improved obviously.