Mr. Li, 31 years old, happened to injury his neck via a car crash, was diagnosed to "cervical spinal cord injury with high paraplegia". He complained the movement dysfunction of his 4 limbs and sensation disorder accompanying with incontinence of urination and bowl movement for over 2 months, then received 1st round stem cell transplantation in our hospital on 3rd, December, 2010. His responses to the transplantation are satisfied. He received 2nd round stem cell treatment on 21st, October, 2011.
The MRI of his cervical spinal cord in 2nd affiliated hospital of Harbin medicine university on 11th, September, 2010 indicated: cervical 5-6 vertebral fracture, dislocation, the spinal cord injury from C2-T1 whilst the swollen status of the spinal cord is reaching to bulbus medullae level.
Before the 1st round stem cell treatment:
- His voice was weak and low, the lung power was lack, his respiratory ability was difficult, the power of his cough and sneeze was weak, he could not feel hungry or full;
- The muscle strength of his upper limbs was weak, he could not stretch, bend or even lift up his upper limbs;
- The muscle strength of his waist was weak, he could not sit by himself;
- He suffered from incontinence of urination and bowl movement, the volume of his urination/time is about 50ml;
- He could not feel the changes of the environment temperature, he only could sweat via the body above his shoulders;
- He suffered from the postural hypotension, he felt dizziness and other symptoms when standing.
After the 1st round stem cell treatment:
- He can speak loudly, his respiratory ability is enhanced obviously, the power of his cough and sneeze is improved obviously, he can feel hungry and full;
- The muscle strength of his upper limbs is improved obviously, he can stretch, bend or even lift up his upper limbs;
- The muscle strength of his waist is improved obviously, he can sit by himself;
- He can perceive and control his urination and bowl movement, the volume of his urination is increased obviously; - He can feel the changes of the environment temperature, he can sweat all over his body;
- His postural hypotension is improved obviously, when he is standing, the abnormal feeling of the dizziness and other symptoms is improved obviously.