Mr. Chen is a Chinese 28 years old male patient suffering from spinal cord injury. He happened to fall down from 8 meters high to hurt his neck, the MRI of local hospital showed: C5-C6 vertebral bodies fracture, the cervical cord was contusion.
He received the 1st round stem cell treatment including 1 stem cell transplantation via CT guided intraspinal injection, 1 stem cell transplantation via stereotactic brain surgery, 2 stem cell injections via lumbar puncture in our hospital in June, 2007.
Before 1st stem cell treatment:
- He could sit by himself for about 10 minutes;
- The muscle volume of his 4 limbs was atrophy with reduced weight;
- The movement ability of his lower limbs was poor, he could stand by 2 caregivers’ support, if standing for a long period, he could feel dizziness obviously; it was hard for him to raise up his both hands, the flexibility of his fingers was poor;
- He could not perceive his urination and bowl movement, his stool was too dry to excrete out, his urination was excreted out interruptedly 2-3 times/day.
He received 2nd round stem cell treatment in March, 2008.
Before the 2nd round stem cell treatment:
- He can sit by himself for around 30 minutes;
- The muscle volume of his 4 limbs is harvest, especially his upper limbs, the body weight is increased;
- He can stand for about 1 hour by 1 caregiver’s support, his dizziness is disappeared during standing; he can raise up his both hands stronger;
- He can perceive his urination and bowl movement, especially that of his urination.