Mito is a Japanese 2 years old male patient suffering from cerebral palsy. He was admitted to our hospital for the chief complaint of cognitive and motor development retardation for over 1 year. He was a 36 weeks premature, cesarean delivery with obvious apnea and hypoxia history. The MRI of his head in October, 2011 indicated: mal-development of white matter of brain.
He received 1st round stem cell treatment including 4 stem cell injections via lumbar puncture successfully without side effect in May, 2012.
He received 2nd round stem cell treatment including 4 stem cell injections via lumbar puncture successfully without side effect in April, 2013.
Before 1st stem cell treatment:
- His cognitive ability was not good, his speech ability was poor;
- He could not lift up his head, the muscle strength of his waist was weak, he could not sit by himself;
- The muscular tension of his 4 limbs was higher than normal.
Before 2nd stem cell treatment:
- His reaction ability is improved obviously, he can speak simple words, he can communicate with his family members with eye contact , body language and simple words;
- He can lift up his head stronger than before, the muscle strength of his waist is improved obviously, he can sit by himself;
- The muscular tension of his 4 limbs is reduced obviously, the volume of his active movements is increased obviously.