Mensiger is a Mongolia 43 years old female patient suffering from spinal cord injury with paraplegia. She was admitted to our hospital for the chief complaint of movement and sensation disorder of lower limbs with incontinence for over 5 years after the accident. She happened to undergo a car crash to hurt her chest, which led to the movement and sensation disorder of her lower limbs with incontinence of urination and bowl movement. The MRI of her thoracic vertebra indicated that the compressive fracture of T9 vertebral body accompanying with spinal cord injury of T8-9. From then on, she was offered physical rehabilitation exercise and nerve nutrition medication without obvious improvements.
She received 3 rounds stem cell treatment in our hospital in July 2011, July 2012 and June 2013 respectively with satisfied efficacy.
Before the stem cell treatment:
- The muscular tension of her lower limbs was higher than normal;
- The muscle strength of her lower limbs was weak, the motor ability of her lower limbs was poor;
- The sensation beneath injury segment was lost;
- She suffered from incontinence of urination and bowl movement.
After the stem cell treatment:
- The muscular tension of her lower limbs is normal;
- The muscle strength of her lower limbs is improved obviously, the motor ability of her lower limbs is improved obviously;
- The sensation of her lower limbs is restored obviously;
- She can perceive and control her urination and bowl movement much better.