Luey is a Saudi Arabia 22 years old male patient suffering from spinal cord injury. He was admitted to our hospital for the chief complaint of movement dysfunction of 4 limbs with incontinence of urination and bowl movement for 11 months after the accident. He happened to injury his neck when diving on July 30th, 2010, the detailed situation at that time was not clear. He lost consciousness for 5 minutes after the accident, when coming to himself, he felt the numbness of his hands and feet, could not move. He was sent to the local hospital, MRI of his neck indicated: C5-C6 vertebral bodies fracture with relevant complete spinal cord injury. Then he was diagnosed as spinal cord injury with paraplegia. He was given decompression, bone flap implantation, Titanium plate internal fixation and other rescue treatments. The history of his blood infusion was not clear. His body temperature was fluctuated, then he received anti-inflammation, hormon, nerve nutrition and other therapy without obvious improvements.
He received 1st round stem cell treatment in our hospital in September, 2010.
Before 1st stem cell treatment:
- The far-end of his upper limbs was numb, weak, and atrophy;
- The muscular tension of his lower limbs was intensified;
- He had no feeling beneath injured segment;
- The body temperature was abnormal;
- He suffered from incontinence of urination and bowl movement.
After 1st stem cell treatment:
- The muscle strength of his upper limbs is improved obviously;
- The muscular tension of his lower limbs is improved obviously;
- The sensation level is lowered obviously;
- The body temperature is normal;
- He can perceive and control his urination and bowl movement much better.