Liuliu is a Chinese 5 years old female patient suffering from cerebral palsy. She was a premature baby (31 weeks), her mother underwent the threatened abortion history before. She used to receive physical rehabilitation therapy without any obvious efficacy. During April 2009 to March 2011, she received 3 rounds stem cell therapies in our hospital.
1st round stem cell treatment was in April 2009, the operation method was 4 stem cell injections via lumbar puncture.
2nd round stem cell treatment was in April 2010, the operation method was 1 stem cell implantation via stereotactic brain surgery and 2 stem cell injections via lumbar puncture.
3rd round stem cell treatment was in March, 2011.
Before the 1st round treatment:
- The muscular tension of her lower limbs was high with tip feet, bent forward knees, especially the right side; She could not stand or walk by herself, it was hard for her to rolling over or crawling on bed;
- The fine motor ability of her hands was poor, especially the left side;
- She was timid, small voice with drooling problem.
Before the 3rd round treatment:
- The muscular tension of her lower limbs is normal, the tip feet and bent forward knees are disappeared; she can stand stably by herself and walk coordinately with assist; the muscle strength of her waist is improved obviously, so that she can crawl freely;
- The fine motor ability of her hands is improved obviously, the muscle strength of her upper limbs is improved obviously, especially the right side;
- She can speak loudly, her drooling is disappeared, her intelligent ability is improved obviously, for example, she can learn the English words, poems, songs well in a short time.