Lily is a Chinese 14 years old female patient suffering spinal cord injury. She happened to undergo a car crash on March 1st, 2009. She could not move her lower limbs completely, her sensation beneath her groin level was disorder with incontinence of urination and bowl movement. She was urgently sent to local hospital, MRI of her lumbar vertebras showed: L2-L3 fracture and dislocation with complete spinal cord injury, the left sacroiliac joint was separated. She was diagnosed as L2-L3 vertebra bodies fracture with paraplegia of lower limbs.
She received 1st round stem cell treatment in our hospital over 40 days after the accident.
After the stem cell treatment:
- The motor ability of her right lower limb is improved obviously;
- Her toes can move easily;
- Her ankles can move flexibly;
- Her right lower limb can be lift up, supported on the bed level;
- She can roll over on bed without any outside assistant.