Jor is a Kwait 34 years old male patient suffering from sequel of spinal cord injury. He was admitted to our hospital for the chief complaint of movement and sensation disorder of his lower limbs with incontinence of urination and bowl movement for over 7 years after the accident. He happened to undergo a car crash to hurt his waist in 2005, the MRI of his thoracic vertebra indicated: fracture of T5-T6 vertebral bodies and relevant spinal cord injury. From then on, he was given occupational rehabilitation exercises interruptedly in local hospital without obvious improvements.
He received a round stem cell treatment in our hospital on September 21st, 2012 with satisfied efficacy.
Before the stem cell treatment:
- The muscular tension of his lower limbs was higher than normal;
- The muscle strength of his lower limbs was weak, the motor ability of his lower limbs was poor;
- The sensation beneath the injury segment was lost;
- He suffered from incontinence of urination and bowl movement.
After the stem cell treatment:
- The muscular tension of his lower limbs is normal;
- The muscle strength of his lower limbs is improved obviously, the motor ability of his lower limbs is improved obviously;
- The sensation of his lower limbs is restored obviously;
- He can perceive and control his urination and bowl movement much better.