Jafar, a 10 years old Iraq girl, suffered from cerebral palsy. She was admitted to our hospital for chief complaint of speech and motor dysfunction for over 7 years old. Her general development was normal as the same age children once born and after born. While she was 3 years old, her neck happened to be pressed by the car window. She could not speak, dyspnea, weak heart beat with purple face skin at that time. After the emergency treatment, her general vital sing was normal, but she could not speak with high muscular tension of her 4 limbs. She used to receive the stem cell treatment in local hospital and physical rehabilitation therapy at home but no effective outcomes.
She received a course stem cell treatment in our hospital in July, 2012 with satisfied efficacy.
Before the stem cell treatment:
- The muscular tension of her limbs was higher than normal;
- The muscle strength of her limbs was weak, the motor function of her limbs was poor;
- Her weight and height were less than those of same age children;
- Her cognitive ability is not good as normal same age children;
- She could not speak a word.
After the stem cell treatment:
- The muscular tension of her limbs is improved obviously;
- The muscle strength of her limbs is improved obviously, the motor function of her limbs is improved obviously;
- Her weight and height are improved obviously;
- She can speak simple words actively, the volume of her vocabulary is increased obviously;
- Her cognitive ability is improved obviously, she can communicate with others by eye contact or simple language.