Hua, a girl, 15 years old, happened to meet a car cash, which caused the movement dysfunction of her lower limbs, sensation disorder, urination and bowl movement disorder over 11 years. Finally, she was diagnosed to sequelae of spinal cord injury with paraplegia.
She received 1st course stem cell transplantation on 7th, July, 2011.
She received a MRI of cervical spinal cord on 8th, July, 2010, which indicated that the upper thoracic cord is slightly thinner than cervical cord, part of cervical 5-6 vertebras are fusion.
Before 1st course stem cell treatment:
- Her respiratory function was weak when sitting by herself, her vital capacity is low;
- The muscle strength of her waist is weak, it is hard for her sitting with straight waist by herself;
- She could crawl up by herself while it is hard for her crawling;
- She could not keep in kneeling position stably by herself whilst could not kneel up by assistant;
- She could not urinate smoothly, she had to press her abdomen to excrete out mostly, the volume of her urination is about 200ml/time;
- She could sweat from above chest of the right side of struck while no sweating on the other side.
After 1st course stem cell treatment:
- Her respiratory function is improved obviously when sitting by herself, her vital capacity is increased obviously;
- The muscle strength of her waist is improved obviously, it is easy for her sitting with straight waist by herself;
- She can crawl up by herself whilst her crawling is improved obviously;
-She can keep in kneeling position more stably than before whilst she can kneel up via assistant;
- She can urinate more smoothly than before, she does not need to press her abdomen for urination, the volume of her urination is increased obviously, about 300-400ml/time;
- She can sweat from above chest of the both sides of struck whilst the volume of her sweating is increased obviously.