Faisal is a USA 35 years old male patient suffering from spinal cord injury with paraplegia. He was admitted to our hospital for the chief complaint of movement dysfunction of lower limbs with incontinence of urination and bowl movement for over 10 months after the accident. He happened to undergo a car accident when he was driving motor bike on July 31st, 2010, which led to thoracic injury, at that time, he suddenly lost his consciousness but no coma, he felt his lower limbs could not move, the sensation below the chest was lost. He was send urgently to local hospital, the MRI of his cervical vertebras indicated: T4-T5 vertebra bodies burst fracture with relevant spinal cord injury, then he was diagnosed as spinal cord injury with paraplegia, offered anti-inflammation, hemostasis, debridement and other treatments. He was given the operations of spinal decompression and Titanium plate fixation on August 1st, 2010 after performing the thorough examinations. Since his body temperature was fluctuated post-operation, he was given anti-inflammation, hormone, nerve nutrition and other treatment. After his vital signs were stable, he received physical rehabilitation therapy for 6 months. The movement ability of his upper limbs was normal, the movement ability of his lower limbs was poor, he could not sweat below his chest, he suffered from incontinence of urination and bowl movement when discharge. He was treated in many local rehabilitation hospital for the occupational rehabilitation exercises but no obvious improvements. He received our stem cell treatment for further improvements in our hospital.
Before the stem cell treatment:
- The muscular tension of his lower limbs was abnormal;
- The motor ability of his upper limbs was normal, the motor ability of his lower limbs was poor;
- He could not sweat below his chest;
- He suffered from incontinence of his urination and bowl movement.
After the stem cell treatment:
- The muscular tension of his lower limbs is improved obviously;
- The muscle strength of his lower limbs is improved obviously, the motor ability of his lower limbs is improved obviously;
- He can sweat all over the body;
- He can perceive and control his urination and bowl movement much better.