Elamin is a Sultan 29 years old male patient suffering from spinal cord injury with high paraplegia. He was admitted to our hospital for the chief complaint of movement and sensation disorder of his 4 limbs over half of a year after a car crash. He happened to undergo a car crash on August 9th, 2010, at that time, he lost his consciousness and could not move his 4 limbs. The MRI of his cervical vertebra indicated: vertebral bodies fracture of C6-C7 with relevant spinal cord injury. He was given the operations of vertebra corpectomy, titanium cage bone draft, anterior titanium plate fixation of C6-C7, anti-inflammation, fluid infusion, nutrition and hemostasis and so on for a month before discharge. The movement dysfunction of his 4 limbs, sensation disorder and incontinence of his urination and bowl movement were remained. From then on, he received physical rehabilitation therapy without obvious improvements.
He received a round stem cell treatment in our hospital on March 22nd, 2011 with satisfied efficacy.
Before the stem cell treatment:
- The muscular tension of his 4 limbs was higher than normal;
- The muscle strength of his 4 limbs was weak, the motor ability of his limbs was poor;
- The sensation beneath injury segment was lost;
- His body temperature was abnormal often;
- He suffered from incontinence of his urination and bowl movement.
After the stem cell treatment:
- The muscular tension of his 4 limbs is normal;
- The muscle strength of his limbs is improved obviously, the motor ability of his limbs is improved obviously;
- The sensation level is lowered obviously;
- His body temperature is normal; He can sweat by his whole body;
- He can perceive and control his urination and bowl movement much better.